The Science Industry conducts R&D, design, production, sales and distribution of laboratory related goods and services used to measure physical, chemical and biological properties.
Science Industry Australia (SIA) was created on 24 August 2000. It is the peak national industry association for organisations which are either a producer, provider or user of science industry goods and/or services.
Science Industry Australia represents the professional science industry, and our members include scientific and life science product and equipment suppliers; scientific, analytical and diagnostic equipment and consumable manufacturers, exporters and importers; chemical and gas companies; software companies, analytical-reference-testing-pathology laboratories and specialised recruiters.
Our mission is: To Increase the Size, Significance & Stature of the Science Industry
Science Industry Australia works on your behalf in the areas below
Industry growth: we,
- lobby and Influence government to increase funding for science and research in Australia
- submit the thoughts and opinions of our entire industry on key concerns when Governments are open to submissions
- encourage you to have your voice and opinion heard…..to help us contribute to State & Federal government submissions, to get your message across to the people who can make changes
- inform you immediately on mission critical key government investment and purchasing opportunities in our markets
- hold regular networking events to bring together peers and colleagues and in the case of ALMA members, buyer and seller
- conduct seminars and information sessions, usually at no charge
- facilitate business matching opportunities both locally and international
- exhibit your goods & services at international trade fairs at discounted rates to you
- form invaluable networking and interactions with allied groups and organisations
Member Support, we provide,
- crucial regulatory updates via our monthly e-Zine "Science Industry Digest"
- Member exclusive, quarterly “Business Barometer” reflects current market conditions and growth
- Regular newsletter “Science Industry Digest”
- Electronic updates of breaking industry news and forthcoming events Access to SIA personnel for advice and specific information, at no charge
- Industry based training and orientation
- “Members Only” downloads section of website contains a wealth of industry data and news
- Have input into key regulatory changes and other legislative issues
- SIA does not receive, nor does it ask for Government monies to deliver member benefits
- Relying solely on Membership subscriptions gives us a totally independent, credible and authoritative voice when dealing with all stakeholders
Science Industry Australia Ltd. is acknowledged by Government and other key stakeholders as the peak body representing and furthering the interests of:
- Importers and distibutors,
- Manufacturers and exporters, and
- technical service providers of scientific expertise and services
As the wholly independent voice for the science industry, we actively support and facilitate meaningful interactions between SIA members and researchers in publicly funded research agencies (PFRAs).